Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stay-at-Home Moms

I just started reading this book and so far I think that it is pretty good. So many times when my boys were little, people would ask me what I did as far as a job. I got so tired of saying that "I just stay home". Their reactions were all the same, what I thought they were thinking was "Oh you don't do anything". Well I am lucky that I can stay at home and take care of my home and family, I know that many can not. But I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. I remember when Pres. Ezra Taft Benson gave a talk entitled " The Honored Place of Woman" I knew that I would raise my own children. I could not leave that job to others! Down below is a link to Pres. Benson's talk.
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=c2ccaeca0ea6b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

4 comments:

Kattelman Krew said...

ME too!!

My mom bought the book for me on Monday.....I LOVE IT! it is refreshing to read stories that prove we don't just sit at home on the couch and eat bon bons.....it's a choice and hard work too!

Okay I'm going to cry thinking about how much I love being a stay at home mom, I gave up Law School for it, and I've never regretted it.

Katie Rod said...

I am a "stay at home" mom with Caleb (with all the errands it seems like we are never home!) and I still get those comments from people saying, "So what do you do all day?" I found an editorial (http://twohotrods.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-dont-friends-with-kids-have-time.html) about this kind of thing because at the end of most days, I really wonder what I did all day!

It's tough sometimes when your friends have really nice things and can even buy their own house since they have dual-incomes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love spending my days with my little one because the time just flies by and he won't be so little this time next year. Anyway, thanks for the Ensign article. I look forward to reading it!

Troy and Rebekah said...

Looks like a good one. I'll have to pick it up in a month or two. A book on the same subject that I enjoyed reading is titled "I am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. It's available through Desseret Book as well as other places. You'd like it. :)

the happy thomas family said...

love this. i was speaking with my mom just tonight and she mentioned that so many people complain/comment that their careers are so difficult and demanding. she then said that i (a stay at home mom) am in the trenches, with the most difficult job on the face of the earth. and true... it's the toughest job i'll ever love. thanks for sharing.