Monday, October 20, 2008

Mixed Feelings!!!!!

Today I checked the mail and Eric had sent some pictures, which is a mama's dream come true to receive your first pictures. So as I looked at them I saw this one of Eric and a friend from Marianna Ward. And I thought " Oh that is so nice, someone he knows."
Then I see this picture, this is his whole district in the MTC. Ok he looks pretty happy. He loves his district!!
Then next is Eric and his companion, he is from Hawaii, can you tell? He loves his companion and is thankful for him!!! He knows some of the language.
Here is Eric with his companion and his district leader from Tonga. I guess that hand sign is for "hang loose" I don't know!! I'm so glad that Eric has a great companion and district leader!!!

Ok I was so worried about Eric being " Happy" until I see this picture!!!! On the back of the picture it says " I'll tell ya'll about this picture when I get home....... So what am I going to think about for 2 stinkin years!!!!! Well I was feeling pretty good about getting pictures, but now I don't know!!!!! Is he trying to worry me to death!!! There are some things I guess I just don't need to know!

7 comments:

Windy said...

hmmmmm......yea i don't think i could wait!

Katie Rod said...

Hey Monique!

This is Linda's daughter, Katie. I am glad to see that the wedding went well. Your pictures from the wedding look wonderful!!

I see that Eric has made it to the MTC! How fun. My husband taught a filipino language (Cebuano) there for a few years, and he really enjoyed it. As far as that last picture goes, it may just be too much information! But, it's called the "white bag test" where you put some "samples" in the containers to be tested at the student health center. If you could just imagine what two samples they might want...Anyway, leave it to boys to show that to their mom! :) I hope you all are doing well.

-Katie

Kattelman Krew said...

Mixed feelings I bet! For this reason alone I hope I only have girls... I don't know if I could handle my wild imagination while a child left for a mission. I can only imagine sending off a child for two years, in a foreign country none the less!
I know you have nothing to worry about though, I haven't known you for too long, but long enough to know you raised your kids well -it is quite clear they were taught proper in the home :)

The Story of us said...

Hmmm. ..... I don't think that I could wait. I have a hard time with Spencer being gone to Korea and he can't tell me somethings. That is just the way life is sometimes.

Richardson Family said...

Ya gotta write and ask him. Just for curiosity sake. It's fun to see the pictures, and I'm sure he having a great time. I can't imagine what it must feel like when a child leaves home.... Jon left for a boarding school at 14 yrs, in a totally different country. I don't know how my Mother-in-law did it!

~The Dippold's said...

Hey Monique!! I need Erika's email address. If you will get it to me that would be great! :)

Carissa said...

Maybe he is playing a joke on you?? (hopefully)